MFCo The Web

Seer Green Home
Manor Farm Company
Contact Us
Neighbourhood Watch




Planning Permission 

Planning Permission - Manor Farm Estate

Permitted development rights have been reserved by the Council, and the Deed of Covenant requires you to seek approval for any extension to your property. In principle, the Company's approval is a formality and is granted if you have received planning permission / no planning permission is required and if the extension does not alter the appearance of the estate unduly.
You will be aware that your neighbours have a right to be informed and may object to your project. When the work is being carried out, please have consideration for your neighbours and keep the nuisance to a minimum. Thank you.

If you want to know more about the issue of planning permissions, please visit the government's website Planning Portal.

The Party Wall Act

The Party Wall Act, which applies only in England and Wales, can affect what you're allowed to build, but it is separate from planning permission or buildings regulations approval. The Act formalises agreements between neighbours where one owner is undertaking building work that may affect another's property.
If you're planning, to build on a shared wall or boundary you must give your neighbours written notice of any work and obtain their written agreement. It you start work on a shared wall or boundary without doing this, you are acting outside the law and your neighbours can seek to stop the  work.

For more information, contact your local authority's building control department, or click here to download the government publication The Party Wall Act 1996  size 574kb.